El Paso Animal Hospital is a well-established seven doctor small animal practice in Derby, KS.
Our facility is a 2019 Peoples Choice & Merit Award Winner in DVM360 Hospital Design Contest, an international design competition amongst veterinary clinics. We opened a new construction 9,000 sq. ft. facility in May, 2018 after 40 years of serving the Derby community. This state of the art, award winning facility has 8 exam rooms including one designated as a comfort room and one used for special procedures such as cold laser, ultrasound, and chemotherapy; 2 surgery suites; a spacious check in/check out/retail/waiting area with a relaxed, laid back feel; spacious treatment area; in house laboratory; isolation treatment and housing room with separate entrance; luxury boarding suites; and so much more.
We are seeking a full-time associate veterinarian to join our team. The new associate has the primary responsibility for patient care, striving to provide the highest quality medical and surgical care for our patients. In addition, the veterinarian must be able to promote teamwork and communicate well with pet owners and staff members.
With over 125 years of combined experience amongst our 6 doctors, our practice offers a unique mentorship opportunity for any vet at any level of experience.
El Paso has served the Derby community since 1978, with the original founder Dr. Gary Oehmke still working hard in the practice every day. Derby, a town of 25,000, offers many larger town amenities with a small town feel while being less than 5 miles from the metro area of Wichita, Kansas.
We provide a wide array of services, medical and surgical, including exotics, soft tissue and orthopedic surgery and oncology. Specialities include advanced surgical procedures, diagnostics which include in house lab work, digital radiographs, dental radiographs, and ultrasound, and aggressive therapeutic approaches. Loyal clientele, excellent support staff, top notch customer service, and fair pricing set us apart from the rest.
Pay and signing bonus will be competitive with a full benefits package including health insurance, continuing education stipend, profit sharing, license fees, liability insurance, KVMA and AVMA dues and paid vacation. Applicant must hold Kansas state veterinary license. Salary and signing bonus commensurate with experience.
To complete an application for this position, please go to:
Customer Service Manager
This position is responsible to mentor, educate and function as an advocate for the CSR team to ensure the members continue to grow personally and professionally. The CSM is also expected to consistently support the practice’s mission and inspire fellow team members to the practice’s mission.
The Client Service Manager must be able to perform all of the functions of a CSR, and additionally coach team members in professional standards, diffuse negative client situations and foster client bonding in addition to assisting the Practice Manager (PM) in setting protocols, CSR training and education. Also participates in the evaluation and assessment of team members with the Practice Manager (PM).
TECHNICAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Meet and exceed the Customer Services Representative job description.
- Feel and express a genuine liking for animals and for working in an animal care environment.
- Accurately prepare interstate and international health certificates utilizing resources.
- Convert phone-shoppers into clients through relationship building and bonding.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Possess excellent computer skills and shows accuracy in inputting details.
- Accurately handle payment transactions and can reconcile errors based on general accounting principles.
- Personally relays telephone, fax, and email messages accurately and promptly.
- Answer client’s inquiries about hospital policies, basic animal care questions, cost of routine procedures and products.
- Reconcile client disputes regarding financial matters according to established policies.
- Address all issues related to daily operations team management. Review with Practice Manager.
- Support the value of all hospital services.
- Understand the practice fee schedule and the importance of appropriate invoicing.
- Ensure accuracy in patient record entry and linking of received medical information.
TRAINING AND TEAM DEVELOPMENT –
- Participate in the screening, interview and hiring process for the CSR team.
- Assist with onboarding new hires to the CSR team and handling all required documents and forms.
- Maintain a Superior Training Program, along with the PM for our CSR team.
- Provide orientation, mentoring and training for the CSR team and appropriate cross training of the entire team in relation to client services.
- Identify the qualities the CSR team must demonstrate to succeed in their positions.
- Contribute to descriptions for the CSR team that include summary of the desired personal qualities, specific responsibilities, duties, and plans for future growth and development with HA annually.
- Contribute to the development of orientation and training protocols and continuing education guidelines for the CSR team that outline the specific steps for training and professional development.
- Review and update education programs at least annually to reflect current hospital protocols.
- Contribute to and participate in CSR team evaluations according to established protocol.
- Participate in the development of action plans, along with Senior CSR, for CSR team members who do not consistently meet their position requirements.
- Document attendance, training, reprimands, coaching. Provide documentation for review by leadership.
- Monitor client service team productivity and ensure timely completion of routine tasks.
- Ensure that the Client Care department is adequately staffed at all times and working with PM on staying within budget parameters for CSR staffing.
- Address all issues related to daily operational management of the Customer Care team, confer with the management team when necessary.
- Ensure the client care team is educated about the proper use of all office equipment.
- Oversees telephone, fax and email messages are promptly, properly and accurately relayed to the appropriate person by the CSR team.
- Oversee daily opening and closing procedures.
- Adhere to all hospital directives and protocols and maintain the highest ethical, moral, and professional standards.
- Act responsibly to build your reputation in the community and enhance the reputation of the hospital and your colleagues.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Maintain a professional, courteous attitude.
- Ensure a pleasant, respectful, and productive whole team relationship.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings.
- Utilize the skills of CSR team members.
- Participate in, and set the example for, regular attendance of continuing education in customer service and human resources to develop professional skills
CLIENT SKILLS –
- Deal intelligibly, pleasantly and efficiently with clients, often doing several things at one time.
- Display tact and diplomacy with team members and clients even when busy or hectic.
- Work efficiently in the presence of other team members and clients.
- Outline costs and fees in a positive light while supporting hospital payment policies.
- Easily remember clients and patients names and uses them. Creates a bond with the practice.
- Ensure appropriate client correspondence including procedure reminders, thank you cards, welcome cards, sympathy arrangements and cards.
- Regularly review practice opportunities to improve and build upon client service based on client reviews. Review with PM.
- Review and resolve client complaints and billing issues. Consult with the leadership team and/or attending veterinarian when appropriate.
- Follow up with clients regarding payment of outstanding amounts using established hospital collection protocols.
TEAM SKILLS –
- Maintain positive, cooperative relationships with other team members.
- Coordinate communication between the Customer Care and Patient Care teams to ensure smooth daily operation of practice.
- Display tact and diplomacy with team members and clients even when busy or hectic.
- Work almost constantly in the presence of other team members and clients.
- Keep the spirit of co-working alive.
PROFESSIONAL IMAGE/HOSPITAL MISSION –
- span class="Apple-converted-space">
- Alert the practice manager to any maintenance as may be needed.
- Conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner even when stressed and/or focused on individual tasks.
- Keeps the front desk running efficiently and smoothly even when there are client wait times.
- Ensure adherence to the practice’s confidentiality protocols.
- Maintain professional environment in the CSR area and client waiting areas.
STRATEGIC PLANNING/DEVELOPMENT –
- Contribute to development of the practice’s Customer and Patient Care Plan.
- Contribute to establishing annual goals for attracting new clients and client retention.
- Regularly review the hospital’s attention to client convenience and recommend enhancements.
- Share client feedback and new ideas to enhance patient care and client service.
- Contribute to developing procedures to enhance the client’s perception of value and efficiency of operations.
The Customer Service Manager has direct supervisory responsibility for all Customer Service Representatives and Senior Customer Service Representatives.
REPORTS TO: Practice Manager
**THIS IS BY NO MEANS A COMPLETE LIST. SOME TASKS MAY BE ASSIGNED TO A SPECIFIC STAFF MEMBER OR DEPARTMENT TO COMPLETE. SOME TASKS MAY BE ADDED OR REMOVED. PROCEDURES AND POLICIES MAY CHANGE.**